شنبه، تیر ۰۸، ۱۳۸۷

C o n s e q u e n c e s !

We're living in a world that past actions can not be judged based on what their consequences are now. Before one makes a decision on doing any thing, one has to judge his or her decision based not only on its perceived or intended consequences but on "likely" albeit unintended consequences.

The standard of morality must not be so low as to afford a person the comfort of taking refuge in the "unintended consequences" excuse.

"Oh My god, I didn't intend for this to happen" NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

You knew that the chances are high, in fact you were almost certain that this will happen.
Yet you did it.

One message, one song, one thought, one word, one moment can bring days and days of excruciating pain upon someone, some family, some region, or some nation.

Upholding oneself to standards of morality is not easy. But at the end of the day, you want to be able to look at yourself in the mirror and say to yourself, "this person did not take any action to break any heart, destroy any life, bring pain upon any person who didn't deserve it, caused no harm, helped his family friends and strangers and made the world a better place"

One of my friends told me once, People who tried to make this world heaven for others, deserve to go to heaven in the other world, the one after this, People who made this world a living hell for people, deserve to go to hell in the world to come.

and it made a lot of sense to me. This life is our only and once-in-the-eternity opportunity to prove we're worth our existence in it.

Even these words that I write and post to the outside world have consequences. intended and unintended. The least of which is that they place a higher burden on me that any body else.

They raise the bar on me, Because if tomorrow, I am dragged out to the platform and asked why I did what I did, I can no longer plead ignorance. here I am giving out proof that I knew and I understood and I noticed.

God save me !

هیچ نظری موجود نیست:

درباره من

Read my notes here, you'll know all you need to know.